Community Action Team’s Fiscal Department has an immediate opening for Fiscal Assistant. In support of the Agency’s mission, the Fiscal Assistant will aid in the responsibilities of the fiscal department. Bookkeeping, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Account Receivables, Purchasing, and Filing.
Title: Fiscal Assistant
Office Location: St. Helens, Oregon
Work Locations: Clatsop, Tillamook and Columbia Counties, Oregon
Position Classification: Program Specialist I
Position Supervises: none
Position Reports to: CAT Finance Director
Position Coordinates effectively with: CAT Executive Director, Fiscal Director, Human Resources Director, Fiscal Department Staff, Community Investment Program Managers, staff of the Community and Human Investment areas, our internal and external partner/funding agencies, and others as developed.
Salary: Program Specialist I ($15.95-$27.28/hour)
Hours Worked: 1 FTE position with the majority of work done between 8:30-5:00. There may be occasional evening and weekend requirements for meetings or service delivery.
Account Payables duties:
- Place and monitor orders of agency supplies and equipment.
- Assign purchase order numbers as directed.
- Assist in filing of all payables in vendor files
- Maintain content in the vendor files.
- Become familiar with processing accounts payable in ABILA MIP in order to serve as a backup.
- Obtain W9’s from contractors.
- Create and submit 1099 forms annually to State of Oregon
- Report and track payments for agency programs.
- Transmit electronic check deposits to bank
- Assist HR Director with calculation of personnel leave and retirement as needed.
- Complete unemployment claims.
- Complete misc. Wage & Benefit surveys.
- General filing and file maintenance.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements.
- Input general journal entries.
- Assist with bookkeeping for Columbia County Self Help in QuickBooks.
- Post in -house job announcements.
- Assist with annual fiscal audit, annual retirement plan audit and ad-hoc program monitoring, as needed
- Process draw requests from funders
- Student Loan Forgiveness Apps.
- Cell phones:
- Order service and phones as needed
- Insure cell phone agreements are signed
- Verify coding for charges
- Serve as a member of the Safety Committee.
- Other duties as assigned
Education Requirement: High School or Equivalent.
Experience Requirement: Minimum two years’ relevant work experience.
- Computer Programs – Excel and Word.
- QuickBooks a plus.
- ABILA MIP Software a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task with efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Working knowledge of electronic payroll system (ADP, Paychex) preferred.
- High level of integrity and confidentially required.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and a resume indicating your preparation for and interest in the position to: Darlene Smith, Administrative Assistant, 125 N 17th St. St Helens, OR 97051. Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Action Team, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer