This position provides quality, comprehensive intake and case management services to individuals and their families who are seeking services from CAT for needs relating to aging and disability. The person occupying this position should be prepared to serve any client entering CAT, it is expected that they will maintain a body of knowledge and experience that makes them sensitive to the issues affecting these clients. This position will be part of the HI team that will provide intake services to all clients.
Title: Program Specialist – Senior Programs, Human Investment Department
Office Location: CAT main office, St. Helens
Position Classification: Non-Exempt
Position Supervises: None
Position Reports to: CAT Human Investment Director and Senior Programs Manager
Position Coordinates effectively with: CAT Human Investment Director, Fiscal Director, Human Investment Program Managers, County Veteran’s Service Officer, staff of the Human Investment area, as well as our internal and external partners/funding agencies.
Salary: Program Specialist I ($14.52 – $24.83/hour)
Hours Worked: 1 FTE position with the majority of work done between 8:30-5:00. There may be occasional evening and weekend requirements for meetings.
- Serve as a member of the Human Investment Case Management/Intake team. Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve program functioning and service delivery.
- Perform comprehensive HI intake/assessments in senior’s home that encompasses the needs of all HI programs. Be prepared to administer Senior Service assessments such as Home-Delivered Meals or In-Home Services while also assessing the client’s need for other services such as: Utility Assistance, Home Repairs, Weatherization or Housing Assistance.
- Input client data into OR Access, RTZ, OPUS, and/or Service Point as appropriate depending on client’s demographics and programs.
- Perform case management for selected clients as directed by manager or director.
- Maintain clear, complete case notes. Maintain well organized and complete case files, paper or electronic, as directed by manager or director.
- Develop expertise in serving seniors. Be aware of services available and make appropriate referrals. Develop relationships with other senior serving professionals and programs, within CAT and external to CAT, that serve the same clientele.
- Occasional participation on the county senior-related boards: AAA, Senior Center Boards, MDT for senior abuse/neglect, and any others identified. Provide leadership in the county around senior issues at CAT.
- Potentially coordinate the outreach work and system’s development of other staff providing senior services such as OPI, in-home care, Meals on Wheels, etc.
- Participate eagerly in all trainings to obtain greater proficiency in serving clients.
- Become certified as an Options Counselor within one year of hire.
- Perform risk assessments in conjunction with APD, CCMH, Police, and other city/county agencies.
- Complete day logs and time sheets to accurately reflect your distribution of time and turn into Program Manager by the appropriate due date of the following month.
- Provide client and program data to HI Director, Senior Program Manager, HI Budget Analyst, and HI Data Manager as directed.
- Answer calls, transfer calls, forward messages, greet clients, assisting with editing and proofreading as requested.
- Attend case staffing as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Human Investment Director.
Qualifications: Experience and education that prepare the employee to provide program information clearly and completely to clients entering CAT. Provide comprehensive intake and case management services. Knowledge of Veteran and Homelessness program issues is a plus, as is being bilingual. Applicants must be able to communicate effectively with strong oral and writing skills. Solid technology skills are preferred, especially database and Excel. Must be willing to work effectively as a team member. Must have access to reliable transportation.
NOTE: CAT’s has adopted a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Please keep this in mind as you consider this position.
– – – – – – –
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and a resume indicating your preparation for and interest in the position to: Darlene Smith, Administrative Assistant, 125 N 17th St. St Helens, OR 97051. Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
CAT is an Equal Opportunity Employer