Veterans Services

The Veteran’s Service Office strives to provide accurate information to veteran’s regarding VA claims processes and benefits; referrals and connection to VA resources.

The Veteran’s Service Office is available to all veterans residing in Oregon, with priority given to those living in Columbia County. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 to 5:00 pm, by appointment. Assistance is available for veteran’s living in the outlying communities of Clatskanie, Vernonia and Rainier.

Erin Nolan is the Veteran’s Service Officer (VSO). She is accredited through the Oregon Department of Veteran’s Affairs (ODVA) and is available to help veteran’s with disability and pension claims; aid and attendance, burial benefits, spousal and dependent benefits and navigation through the VA’s claims processes (from initial filing through appeal) as an advocate.

Please do not hesitate to contact VSO Erin Nolan at 503-366-6580 for assistance.

Supportive Services for Veteran Families

We are here to help homeless veterans and veterans at risk of homelessness obtain stable housing.

To be eligible you must be:

  • A Veteran or member of a Veteran Family. A Veteran served and was released under conditions OTHER than dishonorable. A Veteran Family is defined as a single person or a family in which the head of household or their spouse is a veteran by the above definition.


  • Very low-income – Your household income does not exceed 50% of area mean income


  • Temporary financial assistance through work with case manager; assistance with rental arrearages, utilities, moving expenses, security and utility deposits, as well as transportation. (Based on eligibility and available funding)
  • Supportive Services through the SSVF program, VA aims to improve very low-income Veteran families housing stability. SSVF will provide outreach and case management services and will assist participants to obtain VA benefits, other public benefits as well as other CAT administered services.
  • Referrals for health care, daily living needs, personal financial planning services, payee services, legal services, housing counseling services, employment and training, education, child care referrals, drug and alcohol counseling referrals and vocational rehabilitation.


(503)397-3511, email for more information